Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Christmas Prayer

catholiclane.com


Heavenly Father thank you very much for all of my blessings this year and once again for giving me this gift to celebrate Christmas with my family and friends. It is a very important celebration of the year because it is where my Hope, Faith and Trust is anchored to. The birth of our Savior and King Jesus Christ. Thank you for forgiving and still accepting me in spite of my sinful ways of living. I have wrapped my heart with lust, greed, hate, jealousy, insults to myself and others. I have twisted your blessings in the most corrupt possible way. At times I am so deceived by my ways that I thought nothing is wrong with me. I sincerely admit to you, sometimes I forget the real celebrant in this wonderful season. That is why I am humbling myself and my life to you, you are the only one who will understand me and fix me because you know me even before I was born. My faults can only be washed away by the blood of your son, Jesus. My salvation comes not through my own abilities for none of my good deeds can earn my salvation but by your grace and mercy, through your Son. Thank you for transforming me in becoming a better person as I mature spiritually. I am weak and so I am coming to you for strength. I have realized that the best thing that I can personally do this Christmas day is to unwrap the negative things I have wrapped my heart with, even just for this day. I would like to feel the difference of being close to you even for a short time and if possible for as long as I can hold my heart unwrapped with those things. For I know that the more I open myself to you with humble reverence and the more I love you, the more I will love others. I claim that I will have a clear and better ways of living in the name of your son Jesus Christ who is the reason for the season, our King and Savior, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Amen 


Merry Christmas to you and to your Family!  :)
Dark Knight R.F.

2 comments: