Saturday, December 15, 2012

I would rather be called a sinner than a hypocrite

tasteandsee2.blogspot.com
There are so many things that is going on in our society right now. The most recent that I have heard of is the shooting in Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, USA. It is horrible and have devastated a lot of people, most specially parents who have dreams for their little ones. Calamities hitting on the other side of the world such as the recent flood in the Philippines and on other countries. I am most definitely sure that this blog will not make you feel bad, it is not my intention. My intention with this short expression is to bridge myself together with you, the reader, from feeling very bad to feel a little bit better. In creating a momentum of going back to a much positive and loving spirit in the name of the Season.

One thing that I can think of in slowly removing myself to these sad moments is finding the reason behind of it all. I am admitting to myself that I do not know the rational for how did it happened and I am not bothered by that so much. Our understanding is limited we cannot figure it all out and even if we do it's all in the past.  What I meant in saying finding the reason behind all of these is more of a response rather than my reaction to it. We could be frustrated, discouraged, bummed out, hurt, etc. But if we are not looking for the lessons in the message we will never get the whole point of it. I am not discounting the devastation from the victims. I am with them that's why I am writing this because I am also affected and giving my sympathy to them.

It is also not the first time we  have heard these things. I think that we have to address this properly and directly by changing our hearts and mind. What are we really focusing on in this very crucial time we are living? It has been crucial for a very long time, so many signs and outcomes that we whine about but not acting upon our realization that we all know we already have. Are we just going to have this coming back into our senses thing every time unhappy events like these occurs? Without taking any steps in digesting the message and live it out in our hearts daily?

We are either making our Faith stronger or weaker as we move along. I am speaking for myself as I have been observing myself. I treat the word Faith, Hope, Love, Peace, Joy, Harmony etc. As if they are special words that I diligently pronounce whenever I am praying or in my quiet moment that are separate from me. It's as if  I am delegating them to others to do it for me. Which I find it absurd because, how can I say it without living it, breathing it and sharing it. Maybe I just have to take it seriously and really mean it each time I announce these wonderful words. Not only verbally but  experientially. It's about a clear and responsible transformation silently and securely.

Instead of judging others we look directly in the core of our being and ask ourselves, how much do we want to improve our life that can also give an impact to others in order to make our world a better place? Jesus Christ is the real reason for the Season. From the bottom of my heart I am claiming it that we are all having a Merry Christmas and a Joyful, Abundant, Peaceful and Hopeful New Year ahead of us.


Dark Knight R.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment