Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Life is too short

Glendale, California
The most famous phrase that we often hear. We are all really just passing by in this gift of life we are privileged to experience. I would like to think it is important to live sincerely. It is the thing that we really should be striving in this borrowed time we have. How much close are we in becoming our true self, to our whole being? We are not just made out of muscles, bones, nerves, internal organs etc. We are also spirit, not everyone might believe it but that is what I feel inside. The only way we could bring delight on our last days is to reflect and go back to all the good things we did for others more than what we did good for ourselves. You wouldn't like to be remembered as someone who is a selfish & difficult person to deal with. Someone who is hated by most. I believe that we are all kind and nice. Because it feels good to be kind and nice than to be rude and obnoxious. It's that simple, we can feel that almost instantaneously.


I have just been reminded again how short life is. I've learned that one of my childhood friend has a terminal disease (stage 4!). I pray that he is going to be completely healed of his illness and everyday pain that he has to deal with. I am saddened when I got this news from another friend. At the same time this kind of situations takes me back on reflecting how I should start working on truly discovering who I am and get to know myself more. Do I have a purpose? If so, what is it? To encourage others or to discourage others? Little by little I am taking steps to discover it in my own simple ways. Most of the time in the tiniest segments of my daily experience. It is in the smallest things that I can evaluate myself because it is the most honest reactions I make.


Where I am going with this is the importance of our sincerity to our self and to our Creator. We cannot just compose a very powerful prayer that could put us in tears and five minutes after we forget everything about it. Then think of ourselves as spiritual masters. It is really in the doing that equates it all not in the saying. The best investment for me is to have a sincere heart. It will never depreciate my worth, ever. In fact in my mind I will be appreciated by some for having it.  At the same time I understand that acquiring sincerity is not easy but it is worth striving for. Because there are positive effects to myself and others that can bring about in our lives.

Sooner or later we are going to connect to our spirituality because that is where we are all heading back. I might not be able to reach a high level of spirituality on my own limited capabilities, but with the grace of the Holy Spirit and consistent humility, somehow I might get to have a glimpse of devoutness. We are all in the process of being molded to reach our highest self. For God is the potter and we are his clay.


Dark Knight (R.F.)

No comments:

Post a Comment